21st Century Skills
Mastering Technology, Reinforcing Fundamentals
To succeed in the 21st century, your students need strong math and language skills and the technological savvy to put those skills to use. Connections Learning’s awarding-winning K to the 8th Power (Kto8) program helps students do just that.
Technology Training + Reinforced Core Skills = Student Success
With more than 600 lessons, Kto8 helps students master today’s most in-demand applications and skills:
- Microsoft® Word®, Excel®, Powerpoint®, Publisher®, and FrontPage®
- Kid Pix®
Integrating your school’s core reading, writing, and math objectives into that technology training, Kto8 reinforces key academic skills at
the same time. Kto8 ensures students are not just tech-savvy, but
tech-safe as well with lessons that emphasize Internet safety and
Engaging for the Student
Kto8 combines engaging, self-paced interactive tutorials, audio, activities, games, and assessments such as:
- Interactive ShowHow™ tutorials demonstrate how to perform specific software tasks.
- Games make practicing the tasks fun.
- Activities make the embedded academic lessons memorable.
- Quizzes give automatic feedback on progress.
Practical for the Teacher
Kto8 makes life easier for busy teachers and computer lab directors with:
- A web-based delivery system for managing classrooms and assigning lessons from any location.
- Prepared lesson resources including lesson plans, rubrics, activity instructions, and sample activities to minimize teacher preparation time.
class-grade book to track log-ins, assign lessons, post grades, and (if
desired) easily export grades to your school’s grade book.
- Built-in assessments and quizzes to make grading and progress-tracking simple.
“platform-agnostic” design compatible with existing computer
environments whether you use PCs with XP, 2000, 2003, NT, or Windows 7 or Macs
with Mac OSX.
"In the 21st Century, “It is so important in
this day and age for our students to be proficient typists, no matter
what they are studying. No more hunt and peck! With K to the 8th Power,
the keyboarding lessons are very game-like, so our students are very
happy to keep practicing at school and at home until they master the
skills. Small schools like mine can really benefit from the K to the 8th
Power curriculum – and our kids will really love it!”
–Jean Suttie, Principal
St. Patrick’s School, a K-8 school of just under 150 students in Sparta, Wisconsin
“K to the 8th Power (Kto8) is carefully designed both to teach
technology skills and strengthen academic skills. Students exercise math
skills as they learn Excel®, review grammar rules while creating Word®
documents, build logic skills while exploring HTML. It’s a powerful tool
that’s gotten results for more than half a million students in over
2000 schools and districts across the country.”
–Dr. Pat Hoge, Senior Vice President of Curriculum and Instructional Services VIEW ALL TESTIMONIALS
Connections Education, Maryland