Awards & Ratings
Outstanding Academic Results
Connections Learning by Pearson solutions work in the way it matters most: student mastery. Students using our school programs regularly outscore their peers in state standardized testing, as demonstrated in the most recent test results:
- In Reading, Connections students beat both the statewide results, as well as the results of other online schools, in grades 3–11.
- In Math, Connections outperformed other online programs in grades 3–11 and both other online schools and statewide results in grade 10.
- For Science, Connections exceeded other online program results in grades 4–11.
- For Writing, Connections beat the competition in grades 3, 6, and 7.
And what about Advanced Placement® (AP®)? Connections students shine there too, outscoring the national average on AP tests.
Award-Winning Staff, Teachers, and Curriculum
It’s not just test scores that make Connections Learning stand out. Our people and curriculum are getting lots of attention as well. Some recent headlines:
- Connections Learning Wins 2013 BESSIE Awards for Best High
School Music Website, Best Early Elementary Music Website (Juilliard eLearning online music courses Living Music and Experiencing Music), and Best
Multi-Level Remediation Website (GradPoint)
- Connections Academy Superintendent, Ray Lambert, Named School Leader of the Year by the Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools
- Colorado State Department of Education Names Connections Academy Teacher, Peggy Barnholt, Online Teacher of the Year
- Janae Cardel, Connections Academy Teacher, Wins USDLA Award — Honored for Creativity, Innovation
- Kim McConnell, Connections Academy wins Great Books Great Teacher Award
- Connections Academy, Leading Virtual Education Provider, Wins 2010 EDDIE Award, Earth Science Course Named Best High School Science Site
Schools using the Connections Learning by Pearson solutions across the nation today turn in very high marks from families and students. In the most recent annual parent survey*:
- 95% of parents agree that the Connections curriculum is high quality.
- 96% of parents are satisfied with teachers' helpfulness.
- 93% agree that the use of the computer and Connexus®, our digital learning platform, is improving their students’ learning experience.
*Based on a survey conducted in January 2015 by Shapiro+Raj.