Online Courses for Grades K–12
Connections Learning’s rigorous K–12 curriculum integrates our proprietary content, interactive media, state-of-the-art instructional tools, and resources from leading education publishers into customized lesson plans that get outstanding results.
Schools using our curriculum regularly meet or exceed state benchmarks in core subjects and our AP® students outscore the national average on the AP tests. Here’s how . . .
Designed for Today’s Students to Master Tomorrow’s Skills
Every Connections Academy course is custom-designed by our team of curriculum experts to engage students in a multi-dimensional learning experience. Rich in scope and sequence, our proprietary lesson plans are designed for student mastery and tailored to diverse learning styles:
- Teacher-led, interactive LiveLesson® sessions encourage class participation and discussion.
- Teachlet® tutorials and step-by-step instructions guide students through assignments from writing term papers to solving quadratic equations.
- Virtual labs and hands-on activities reinforce key concepts and strengthen analytical skills.
- Integrated iTexts from leading publishers bring best of breed resources directly to students’ desks.
- Our virtual library puts a wealth of resources at your students’ fingertips.
Best instructional practices are infused throughout our courses. View our internal “report card” on alignment with iNACOL’s Standards of Quality for Online Courses.
Tailored for Success
Our courses are designed to help students at every level of the achievement spectrum—from struggling readers to high achievers. With a flexible online format and sophisticated performance tracking tools, our lessons are easily customized to each student’s skill level and can be adjusted on the fly for the best results.
Hundreds of Proven Courses
Originally developed for Connections Academy-affiliated virtual public schools, our comprehensive K–12 course catalog includes:
- Core courses in math, science, language arts, and social studies for every grade and ability level.
- Dozens of electives including foreign languages, journalism, art history, and music.
- Gifted and Talented, Honors, and AP programs.
- Technology training ranging from keyboarding to C++ programming.
- Physical education options.
- Life skills training such as personal finance/ budgeting, cooking, and auto maintenance.
- Hundreds of top-quality choices for K–8 too!
Whether you need a single course or our entire curriculum, Connections Learning by Pearson offers your students the tools to succeed.
The Curriculum Team Behind the Results
At Connections Academy,
we bring together experienced curriculum specialists, graphic
designers, and technology experts to create dynamic interactive courses
that instruct and engage. Headed by Pat Hoge, Ph.D., our team works
together in a continuous improvement loop—updating content,
incorporating the latest tools and research, and ensuring best practices
and alignment to standards.